ONLINE presentation taught by Adam Williamson, inspired by his studies and research in Cairo.
In this practical class we will draw the unique bronze-plated door of Sultan Qalawun and Barquq courtyards.
Both casting and hammering in repoussé were used for these relief embellished Mamluk metalwork doors .
We will study the Mamluk motifs and create the geometric and biomorphic weave.
Bronze Doors of Cairo PART 1 & 2 DOWNLOAD COURSE PACK
Please wait after making the donation to be redirected to the registration page. We will also send everyone an email before the class with material to familiarise yourself before the session along with the online passcode again which will give you access to the class on Saturday.
If your country doesn’t support PayPal or you have any issues please Email:
REQUIRED equipment & materials
- A compass (recommended compass is the Rotring Master Bow)
- A ruler
- Paper size A3 = 29.7 x 42.0cm, 11.69 x 16.53 inches
- Range of Pencils (6B-4H)
- Tracing paper
- Zero Eraser or equivalent
- Optional – Coloured pencils.
- Optional – Fine line drawing pens (useful to have, but not essential)