This course will cover a pattern analysed by Adam Williamson.
Draw a moorish horseshoe and multi-foil arch and learn about the extraordinary evolution of the arch throughout civilisations across the world.
We will focus on the Moorish arches from the Puerta del Espiritu Santo (Door of the Holy Spirit) in the west facade of the Great Mosque (Mezquita de Cordoba) in Cordoba, Andalusia, Spain, which in the height of Al-Andalus was the largest city in Europe and the leading cultural and economic centre of the Islamic world.
Please wait after making the donation to be redirected to a page containing a dropbox link.
If your country doesn’t support PayPal or you have any issues please Email:
REQUIRED equipment & materials
- A compass (recommended compass is the Rotring Master Bow)
- A ruler
- Cartridge paper – A3 size ideally heavy weight (120gsm plus)
- Range of Pencils (6B-4H)
- Tracing paper
- Zero Eraser or equivalent
- Optional – Coloured pencils.
- Optional – Fine line drawing pens (useful to have, but not essential)