This ONLINE course prepared by Adam Williamson.
Learn how to draw this stunning woven radial biomorphic (arabesque) Mamluk pattern.
This class will combine both freehand and geometric elements. There will be an overview of the terminology associated with Mamluk decorative forms and explore the various motifs and compositional devices used to build classical biomorphic patterns.
Please wait after making the donation to be redirected to the registration page. We will also send everyone an email before the class with material to familiarise yourself before the session along with the online passcode again which will give you access to the class on Saturday.
If your country doesn’t support PayPal or you have any issues please Email:
The course will require you to download the free app Zoom
REQUIRED equipment & materials
- A compass (recommended compass is the Rotring Master Bow)
- A ruler
- Cartridge paper – A3 size ideally heavy weight (120gsm plus)
- Range of Pencils (6B-4H)
- Tracing paper
- Zero Eraser or equivalent
- Drop Bow Compass
- Optional – Coloured pencils.
- Optional – Fine line drawing pens (useful to have, but not essential)